Some important infos:

* This blog stopped sharing CDs and DVDs. At this sides you will find short informations about the favourite performances of opera and classical music (in our opinion). Please do not ask for links to shares at this place.


Thank you!
**************************************************************************************************************************

Monday, May 10, 2010

Verdi - I Vespri Siciliani - Merritt, Studer, Furlanetto - Muti

Verdi - I Vespri Siciliani - Merritt, Studer, Furlanetto - Muti

Performer: Cheryl Studer, Chris Merritt, Giorgio Zancanaro, Enzo Capuano
Conductor: Riccardo Muti
Orchestra/Ensemble: Milan Teatro alla Scala Orchestra, Milan Teatro alla Scala Chorus
Recorded 1989



Muti also succeeds in covering the cracks in the potentially diffuse five-act I vespri siciliani…with Studer outstanding as the Duchess Elena. Zancanaro brings trenchant nobility as his father, the Sicilian governor Montforte. Pier Luigi Pizzi’s traditional production incorporates the complete Act 3 ballet, alluringly danced by a troupe that includes Carla Fracci and Wayne Eagling.' International Record Review

Find more at Amazon and Opus Arte