Alice Sara Ott - Chopin: Complete WaltzesCD - DDD - 57min.
Deutsche Grammophon 2010
From the Artist
"I've always been fascinated by Chopin's waltzes. He composed them all through his life, from early youth until shortly before his death. His whole life and his personality are reflected in the waltzes...They say that home isn't a place but a feeling. I can identify with how torn Chopin felt, because I also grew up and live between two cultures. Neither in Germany nor in Japan do I have a proper homeland. In both countries I'm regarded as a foreigner. For me, too, music is the only place where I really feel at home."--Alice Sara Ott
Product Description
Already a star in Japan, piano-wonder (Hamburger Abendblatt) Alice Sara Ott introduces herself to the entire world of music with her International Deutsche Grammophon debut album--the complete Chopin Waltzes. Ott, though barely out of her teens, continually impresses critics and audiences alike with her recitals throughout Europe and Japan. She will make her US orchestral debut in Cincinnati with the Liszt Piano Concerto no. 1. The young pianist is surely a rising star to watch, and this recital of Chopin gems is the perfect introduction to her artistry.
Find more details and listen to the tracks at Amazon and Deutsche Grammophon
Visit the young lady at her homepage