Some important infos:

* This blog stopped sharing CDs and DVDs. At this sides you will find short informations about the favourite performances of opera and classical music (in our opinion). Please do not ask for links to shares at this place.


Thank you!
**************************************************************************************************************************

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Heinrich August Marschner - Der Vampyr - Neuhold



Heinrich August Marschner - Der Vampyr - Günter Neuhold

HOMMAGE 7001834-HOM, recorded 1980, released 2000

Performer: Siegmund Nimsgern, Carole Farley, Anastasia Tomaszewska-Schepis, Josef Protschka, Armando Caforio, Galina Pisarenko, Martin Engel
Orchestra: Chorus and Orchestra Sinfonica of Radio Italiana
Conductor Günter Neuhold.

Live recording from Rome, 1980.

Revised version by Pfitzner with dialogues

I first picked up the Opera d'Oro version of Marschner's opera, and I loved it. Definitely one of the label's better releases. However, this production has the benefit of much better sound at the same bargain price. I won't attempt to evaluate the differences between individual performers, since I'm not that much of an expert, but when you consider the fact that this can be had at the same price, the choice is clear. For fans of German romantic opera, this is an absolute must. It is a shame that it isn't more frequently produced, as even British magazine Gramophone has stated-- it certainly deserves a more prominent spot in the repertoire.Comment Amazon


More information about this opera at Wikipedia